Chocolate Layer Cake
- 2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Cocoa Powder Hershey's Special Dark
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract dark
- 1 cup water boiling
- Heat oven to 350°F. Prepare cake pans with non-stick cooking spray
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes.
- Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin).
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely. Frost.
Notes: I prefer using buttermilk and always add the yogurt if I have it on hand.
Adapted from Hershey's Chocolate Cake
To create a 2 layer 9 inch cake, this recipe would be enough? What about a 10 inch i would have to double this recipe?